4WD Bull Bars


4WD Bull Bars for Sale Online

Across Australia, there are an estimated 30,000 animal strikes to vehicles every year. Most animal strikes occur in rural areas far from civilisation, which is where the bull bar comes in handy. The primary objective of a bull bar is to prevent damage to the front of your car, where the radiator, engine and important electrical systems are located. In the case of a collision with a large animal, they are designed to absorb the impact and allow you to make it to safety where you can make repairs. Many collisions with animals without a bull bar result in catastrophic damage to the radiator and engine, stranding the travellers far from help.

4WD bull bars are also needed for when going truly off the beaten track, where vegetation may have got the better of the trail you’re on. Here, a bull bar is necessary to help clear the path in front of you.

Here are the four different types of 4WD bull bars for sale; triple loop, single loop, competition and baja.


4WD Bull Bars Australia

Along with protecting the front end of your vehicle, bull bars provide space for accessories to be mounted, such as; driving lights, UHF radio antennas, winches and other recovery equipment – all for sale from some of Australia’s leading brands, including: MCC, Ironman 4x4 and TJM.

However, adding a bull bar may reduce the clearance at the front of the vehicle, so raising your suspension with a lift kit may be necessary.

Australian Standards Compliant Bull Bars for 4WDs

4WD bull bars undergo a thorough evaluation before they can be mounted to any vehicle. They must comply with the relevant Australian Standard when they are manufactured, while also adhering to the state’s transport regulations. In general, when purchasing a bull bar, check the compliance plate and Australian Standards sticker with the seller. Most compliant 4WD bull bars follow the shape of the vehicle when fitted and do not contain any protrusions or sharp edges.

Not sure if your next 4WD bull bar complies? Contact the manufacturer, retailer or your state government’s transport department for more information.