The outdoor show season is in full swing, with exhibitors showcasing their latest products to consumers across the country. Many capital cities have already held an outdoor expo or two to start the year off, but there are plenty more to come in case you’ve missed out so far.
Outdoor expos, like the NSW Caravan, Camping and Holiday Supershow that we recently covered, are great for anyone in the market for a new caravan, or RV, as it allows you to visit all the brands you love in one big place. Many dealers offer ‘show specials’ including discounts and freebies when you purchase a new vehicle from them too!
If looking at caravans isn’t your thing, fear not, as there are many shows across the country dedicated to 4x4s, fishing and camping as well.
Here is our pick of ten great shows across the country, big and small, to pop down to if you’re an outdoor enthusiast like us!
National 4x4 & Outdoors Show
If you love 4x4s, then this show is not to be missed! The National 4x4 & Outdoors Show is the premier exhibition for everything 4x4 related. Popular features include the vigorous 4WD Proving Grounds, Campfire Cooking Corner, Tackle World Fishing Stage, Waeco CFX Outback Stage, Action Arena and the all new Base Camp: an interactive area for all your favourite camping retailers.
- Date: 18th to 20th of August, 2017
- Location: Melbourne Showgrounds, VIC
- Price: Adults = $18, Pensioner = $13, Kids = Under 15yrs are free
- More details: National 4x4 & Outdoors Show
If you live in Victoria and plan on travelling over the summer holidays, a good place to grab everything you need is the Melbourne Leisurefest. It is the largest show in the second half of the year in Victoria and features a wide range of caravans, pop tops, camper trailers, motorhomes and campervans. There will be also exhibitors showcasing the latest 4x4 off road and touring accessories for all your outdoor adventure needs.
- Date: 5th to 8th of October, 2017
- Location: Sandown Racecourse, VIC
- Price: Adults = $16, Pensioner/Concession = $13
- More details: Melbourne Leisurefest
New South Wales
Lismore 4WD, Caravan, Camping & Marine Show
The annual Lismore 4WD, Caravan, Camping & Marine Show is definitely worth a look if you prefer the laid-back atmosphere of a rural expo, but still want to see a huge range of products in one big place. It is also a major fundraiser for the Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter if you want to help a great cause and check out the latest outdoor adventure gear, look no further and put this show on your list.
- Date: 7th to 9th July, 2017
- Location: Lismore Showgrounds, NSW
- Price: Adults = $12, Pensioner/Concession = $10, Kids = Under 14yrs are free
- More details: Lismore 4WD, Caravan, Camping & Marine Show
Caravan & Camping Lifestyle Expo
This show is new on the roster for 2017 and it is already shaping up to be a good one. It is the first expo of its kind to be housed at the Sydney Showgrounds, so expect a huge range of brands to be represented here at this event.
Being an outdoors lifestyle show, there will be an added focus on camping, fishing and 4WDing, instead of being heavily caravan and RV focussed like the NSW SuperShow expo held in Sydney early in the year.
- Date: 3rd to 6th November, 2017
- Location: Sydney Showgrounds, NSW
- Price: Adults = (TBA), Pensioner/Concession = (TBA), Kids = (TBA) Prices are yet to be announced
- More details: Caravan & Camping Lifestyle Expo
Canberra Home & Leisure Show
The biggest leisure expo in the ACT is the Canberra Home & Leisure Show. This show has one of the most diverse ranges of exhibitors at any show across the country.
Not only will you find the best caravan, camping and 4WDing brands on the market but also tourism operators, building retailers and gardening exhibitors showcasing their products – so there’s something for every outdoor enthusiast.
- Date: 27th to 29th October, 2017
- Location: Exhibition Park in Canberra, ACT
- Price: Adults = $15, Pensioner/Concession = $12, Kids = Under 16yrs are free
- More details: Canberra Home & Leisure Show
Pre-Christmas Caravan & Camping Sale
The Pre-Christmas Caravan and Camping Sale isn’t your standard outdoors show. It features a range of caravan, camping and accessories retailers looking to sell superseded, clearance, demonstrator, one-off and oddment stock before the busy summer holidays, to make room for new stock.
This show is perfect for anyone looking to pick up a great deal on their next caravan, or wanting to update their camping gear on a budget with last year's model equipment.
- Date: 26th to 29th October, 2017
- Location: Brisbane Showgrounds, QLD
- Price: Adults = $20 (TBA), Pensioner/Concession = $15 (TBA), Kids = Under 13yrs are free (TBA) Prices are still yet to be announced, so we estimated based off previous QLD show pricing
- More details: Pre-Christmas Caravan & Camping Sale
Adelaide 4WD & Adventure Show
The Adelaide 4WD and Adventure Show combines the best 4WDing, fishing, boating, caravan and lifestyle exhibitors in the same big location. It is unique in that the show has multiple ‘stages’ showcasing 4WDing seminars, fishing seminars and camp cooking demonstrations. This expo features all the gear you need, to enjoy the outdoors. It even has a handy mobile app to get you around the show easier, along with a boat license testing area running every hour between 11am and 2pm on the weekend.
- Date: 20th to 22nd October, 2017
- Location: Adelaide Showground, SA
- Price: Adults = $18, Pensioner/Concession = $14, Kids = Under 16yrs are free
- More details: Adelaide 4WD & Adventure Show
Perth 4WD & Adventure Show
Run by the same group responsible for the Adelaide 4WD and Adventure Show, the Perth version offers a few different experiences. There is a 4WD Test Track where manufacturers such a Volkswagen and Nissan showcase its latest vehicles and their off-road abilities. Isuzu is also performing stunt rides daily in the new D-Max, with the Engel Aquatank also making an appearance.
The show will feature new model caravans, 4WDs, camping accessories, fishing and boating gear.
- Date: 10th to 12th November, 2017
- Location: McCallum Park, WA
- Price: Adults = $18, Pensioner/Concession = $14, Kids = $9 (15yrs to 5yrs) or free (5yrs or younger)
- More details: ###Perth 4WD & Adventure Show
Darwin 4WD, Boating & Camping Expo
The Darwin 4WD, Boating & Camping Expo is the largest outdoor industry showcase in the top-end of Australia. The show has entertainment for everyone, including complimentary activities to keep the little ones engrossed and a freestyle motocross stunt show to keep the big kids occupied.
It features many more local Northern Territory retailers compared to other outdoor expos, as well as all the other big brand crowd favourites. If you are up in the top-end of Australia and want a good deal on camping, caravans, fishing, 4WD or any outdoor accessories, be sure to check out this expo.
- Date: 24th & 25th June, 2017
- Location: Darwin Showgrounds, NT
- Price: Adults = $15, Pensioner/Concession = $10, Kids = $10 (Unaccompanied children under 17yrs)
- More details: Darwin 4WD, Boating & Camping Expo
Tasmanian Outdoor, Boat & Caravan Show
The Tasmanian Outdoor, Boat and Caravan Show is run by the Tamar Yacht Club, a non-for-profit organisation that puts the proceeds of the event into junior sailing programs and youth development.
This year’s show promises to be even bigger than last year’s, with even more caravans, 4WDs, cars, boats and outdoor retailers showcasing their new products and offering some great show specials.
- Date: 8th to 10th September, 2017
- Location: Launceston Silverdome, TAS
- Price: Adults = $12, Pensioner/Concession = $10, Kids = All ages free
- More details: Tasmanian Outdoor, Boat & Caravan Show
Something for Everyone
Love a great deal, but don’t want to leave the comfort of your home? Outdoria offers many of the same discounts and specials found at these shows. We feature everything from caravans to motorhome parts and accessories. Even fishing gear, camping equipment and 4WDing accessories. We are your one-stop shop for everything outdoors!
Let us know about any great shows we may have missed below in the comments and we hope to see you there!